Monday, December 3, 2012

Pills, pumpkin, and panacure

When Gigi needs to go outside she comes and stands next to me, puts her head under the desk and tries to move me. She's fairly subtle, it would be easier if she was pushier or more vocal. She had some intestinal distress on Sunday and I initially missed the clues, much to my dismay.   After I caught on we went outside several more times before bed.

Monday morning Gigi woke me at 6:30, well before her usual wake up time. I jumped out of bed, wary of the consequences of delay. I suspect that this was just a side effect to the droncit she had the other day.  She fasted on Monday and will start back on food on Tuesday morning. 

The Pyr pup has round worms, but she, the new lab, both boxers, and the rottii are all being wormed. Feeding time is a complicated matrix of dry dog food, canned food, pills, pumpkin, and panacure.








Tricia Johnson came over today to meet the pyr.  She thought that she was probably only 4-5 months old.  She called the Appalachian Great Pyrenees Rescue for me and they have already agreed to take her on.  That transfer will probably happen on Friday if not before, so I'm not even going to bother trying to name that girl. 

The two new fosters (pyr and lab) have been great together with the two boxers (Lana and Augie).  I probably could have gotten the pyr adopted, but not this quickly.  They will do the vaccines and spay, and they already have several approved adopters looking for and waiting for a young pup her age.  I don't know anything about pyrs, so I think that a rescue dedicated to the breed is in the best position to find her a good home. 

Here's a few pics of the two new girls playing today. 





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a cute pair!