Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Short, but satisfying

From the left is Max, Maya, Summer, and Trooper
Summer enjoyed the walk.
I haven't had much time lately for walking or for blogging, but I got in a couple short ones today, totaling almost six miles. The weather is beautiful, feels more like September than August. Too nice to last, and I'm sure the heat and humidity will make a come back, but it's been nice just to walk out the door lately.

I knew I didn't have time for a long hike this afternoon, so I tried to make up for it by taking four dogs: Maya, Trooper, Max, and the new girl, Summer. We walked the field trails mostly, because they are wide enough to accommodate four dogs, and the tall growth on both sides of mowed pathway creates a well-defined walkway that keeps everyone focused and moving in the same direction. We did 3.5 miles and that was long enough for Summer and for Trooper, although Max and Maya would have liked to go farther. It was my first walk with Summer and she got with the program pretty well. More on her tomorrow, but she is really shaping up to be a very nice dog.
Handling four leashes was tricky, but do so while taking
pictures was nearly impossible.
I can only imagine what people would think of me
if they see me with Summer in this condition, but
she's getting better, really.










Trooper likes to go and he's usually too
tired to bark at anyone we see while walking.







Gigi isn't the most active dog we have,
but she does enjoy a short walk on a
nice day. Then it's right back to her
spot on the bed.
Maya wades in far enough to get a drink and cool her feet,
but she doesn't make a point of getting wet.
I got in a second walk before dark, which is coming noticeably earlier these days. Just three dogs this time: Maya, Gigi, and Theo. We did about 2.3 miles, which included a stop down at the river. Everyone else was gone by the time we got there, so we had the trails to ourselves, which suits me just fine. They were short hikes, but it felt good to get out again on a pretty nice day.







Gigi, Theo, and Maya

Theo in action in the water.

No comments: