Saturday, June 25, 2016

Slow start to a busy day

Samantha got me up early this morning as she always does.  After letting her out to stroll, I started the morning feeding and shuffling routine, until everyone was out, fed, and into their daytime positions.  Then I actually got back to bed for a while with a cup of coffee and watched another episode of True Blood (downloaded from Direct TV On Demand).  I hadn't watched the series when it was new, but I'm tired of re-watching all the episodes of The Big Bang Theory, Simpsons, and Archer that I've got recorded.  I'm still on season 1, but I'm enjoying it.

My bee hive.  I think its doing well, but
what do I know?  It's hard to get pictures
while I'm working the hive, but I'll try
the next time I go into it.
When I finally did get up I went outside and just started doing stuff.  The completed list looks something like this:

-  Mowed the ditch along the road
-  Sprayed weeds, driveway and fence line
-  Picked up/put away stuff outdoors
-  Trip to dump, dispose of old A/C unit, trash, grill, and rugs
-  Fill van with recycling materials to go to town
-  Run dogs in pasture
-  To town for Gigi's food
-  Fill van with gas
-  Drop off recycling, glass, paper, plastic, and cardboard
-  Bake pie in new oven
-  Evening feed
-  Back to town for grocery shopping
-  Finish work

Tomorrow I'm putting the canoe in the river, with a clean slate and a clear conscience.



The daylilies are in bloom in the pasture.  Here are just a few of them.










I'll start off with a pic of Hardy because most of
the rest are of Penelope, mostly because she still
needs to find a home and she's very photogenic,
especially when she runs.  And oh, she does run.


That's Theo on the left.  Penelope likes to run but she has no
interest in running after the ball.

That's Hardy in back on the left, Penelope on the right, Theo in front.
Max and some of the daylilies


A chocolate chess pie
This is my new oven and the start of a kitchen
remodeling project that I hope will soon get underway.

No comments: