Monday, June 13, 2016

The Solstice Approaches

We came home from dinner in town this evening, arriving after 8:00 p.m. and I noticed the time and the fact that the sun was still up.  I hadn't walked today so I grabbed Maya and we headed to Pleasant Grove.  It gets dark a lot sooner in the woods so we just walked the roadways, getting in just over two miles before dark.  It was just after 9:00 p.m. when we left, and I needed the headlights, but it still wasn't completely dark.
Maya has never had any proper leash training, but she walks in
a pretty good "heel" position sometimes, when she feels like it.

I love the long days this time of year and Maya loves this time of evening, because it's the time that the deer start to come out of the woods.  We saw a couple before leaving Pleasant Grove and another on the way home when it darted across the road in front of the van.  I hit the brakes and the deer kept moving so the close encounter ended well for both of us.










No comments: