Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Post-spay recovery day

Tuesday evening Indy update: A few hours after shoving a spoonful of peanut butter and medication into Indigo this morning, she finally started looking a little better and being more active. I cooked some chicken and rice for her and she ate that pretty well. The second pain pill had even more effect and by late afternoon she was looking a lot better. When I fed her more chicken and rice in the evening she wolfed it down with enough enthusiasm that I think she will be back to regular food on Wednesday. She is looking much perkier and I even see her tail wagging, so we are all feeling much better about that.

These pictures are from a walk I did with Maya and Hunter Monday evening after Indigo was home from the vet but still very zonked out from the surgery.

Hunter spent the day in the office with me and several other dogs. He was happy to see Indy when she got home and it was obvious that she wanted to sleep so he was happy to go out for an evening walk with Maya and me. He's a different dog when separated from Indigo and it reinforced my belief that it would better for both of them if they were adopted separately.

When they are together he's as nervous as she is around me and they feed off each other's anxiety in a constant negative feedback loop. Out on a walk with Maya he was quite a different dog. She's very confident and he picked up on that, or at least didn't feel the need to be anxious. We met a new person while walking and he was a bit cautious but also very curious and was fine being introduced.













No comments: