Friday, July 13, 2018

Rugger's Day

I'm taking Rugger to an adoption event on Saturday, so Friday he got another round of skin treatments, i.e., a bath. He's smelling better. I can no longer smell him from 20 feet away, but in close quarters you can still smell that yeast on him. It was certainly warm enough for an outdoor bath today, and he loves playing with the hose, so bathtime is not really a big deal. I put the first shampoo on and then did some mowing, leaving it to sit on his skin and work its magic for a good 15-20 minutes. Then I did the same with the second shampoo and after I finished mowing I gave him a final rinse.

I took Rugger and Maya out in the evening for three miles at Pleasant Grove. He's a really easy dog on a leash. He spotted some deer but didn't freak out about them. I think Maya was a bit embarrassed because he spotted them first even though she's the big deer hunter.

Rugger needs and deserves a great home. I have never seen a dog work so hard to be mine. He's incredibly loyal, wants to be where I am, do what I'm doing. I have never had a concern about this dog taking off. His house manners are impeccable. He just needs someone willing to deal with the skin/allergy problem, probably on an on-going basis. I can't promise that there's a complete cure, but it can be managed and this dog is well worth it.













No comments: