Monday, July 16, 2018

Sunday walks

Sunday started out pretty decent so I started my series of walks in the morning. I took Maya and Hunter for about two miles, followed by Maya and Indigo for another two, then Maya and Rugger for two more. We were walking the same route, just up and down the mostly gravel roadway through the park. I figured that Maya had had enough of that so I left her at home for the final walk, which I did with just Theo. It was getting hot by that time, but he was fresh so we went three miles bringing my total for the day up to nine miles.

The two mile segments with driving breaks and water in between worked well. Walking the Danes separately was good for them both. Rugger always likes to go and I haven't been walking Theo very often so it was good to get him out. It was just too hot for TJ, Trooper, or Sparky, they stayed home and didn't seem disappointed by it. I should have done one more with Max, maybe next time.





Hunter has pretty eyes.








Indigo is a very pretty girl.






Rugger loves our walks.








Theo the Great
That's Theo with an off leash, long-haired
shepherd (Belgian?), one of two who surprised
us and joined us in the water. Everyone was
too hot and tired to do anything but chill.


Near the end of our three miles, walking past the house back to the van
that was parked near the pole barn.

No comments: