Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Flying fur and flag

It's fur season around here. All the shepherds are beginning to look really wooly and the dust bunnies in the house are growing so fast we may have to give them names.
I think Trooper appreciated the brushing.

It was ridiculously humid outside so I really didn't feel like doing much, but I did undertake a shedding session with several of the dogs. It must have felt good to them (how could it not?) because most of them were really good about letting me brush them with a variety of tools and even the vacuum. It was only a start, I'll need to do it again and again, but it was a good start. I may do a round of baths next as that always removes a lot of loose hair.

I waited until a thunderstorm was rolling in before heading out for a walk. I took Hunter and Indigo but we only got in one mile before the clouds looked serious enough to send us home.

TJ is the only one who really didn't care for the
brushing, but it's summer and he's a husky, and
he cares for a bath even less, so he will have to
put up with it.
There's been a little rain but not a lot so far. The thunder sounds a bit distant, but still all the dogs except Rugger were gathered around me in storm position.






Rugger (on the top step) felt left out because
he's the only shepherd I didn't brush. But all
his fur is new and he really doesn't have an
undercoat to blow out yet. Theo had plenty.
Max was probably the wooliest of the shepherds.
This was just the start for him.




Hunter is shaping up to be a very handsome dog.






When this started moving in we headed back to the van.
The storm brought in some cool air and some
wind that felt very nice. It's not often that there
is enough wind to make the flag fly.


Trooper in storm position under my desk.



Theo isn't particularly scared of storms, but it's contagious.

Sparky sitting right next to my chair.

Hunter in his crate, seemingly unaffected by the storm.

TJ isn't particularly storm phobic either, but
he's always by my side anyway.

Not a good pic but I don't want to leave them out, that's Indy
in her crate on the left, and Maya on the right. Neither are scared.


Vince has the worst storm fear of anyone in the house.
He pants and paces inconsolably. 

That is Max over in the corner sucking on the bed.
He's not scared of storms, he's just crazy.

No comments: