Thursday, July 12, 2018

Getting out of the comfort zone

It's time to start pushing the Danes beyond their comfort zone.


Indigo has recovered nicely from her spay. I know she's supposed to take it easy for two weeks, but we can do easy and still stretch the boundaries of her comfort zone. I hope that when pushed beyond it a bit they will decide to fall back on me as something they know that can be trusted. We will see.

They are still freaky when they are together and difficult to get inside and outside unless I can get behind them and more or less chase them in the direction I want them to go. But, when they are inside I can approach and pet them and both of them will then seek out more attention and more petting. That's a little progress anyway.

Wednesday night they had me up four times during the night. Indy was the main instigator of that. She really is still a pup and I think just isn't ready to be crated that long. Clay got up the first time and I did the next three. I gave her medication after the third time. Neither of them has yet to have a solid poop and that may be at least part of the reason for the frequency of the nature calls.

Thursday evening I put them out in the dog yard with Theo and Max, hoping that the stimulation and activity would tire them out and we'd all have a good night's sleep. We will see.

When they first got here, Indigo (left) was more outgoing and
Hunter (right) was more shy. They have reversed roles.



That's Max with the ridiculously oversized stick in his mouth
on the left, followed by Theo. Hunter (left) and Indigo (right)
in the front.




Hunter (rear) and Indigo (front)
Left to right: Theo, Max, Hunter, Indigo
Indigo


Hunter




1 comment:

Byron's Mom said...

I hope you got some sleep last night!