Wednesday, July 18, 2018

A Dane Day

It's hard to get pictures of Hunter and Indigo playing in the dog yard because they stop whenever I go out there. This morning was clear and cool and it was just a great time to play even if I was standing there taking pictures.

It was uncharacteristically clear all day, and although the sun was warm in the afternoon the air lacked the humidity to make it oppressive and miserable. I took Maya and Rugger out for a three mile walk late afternoon, even venturing onto a couple sections of the trails once again. I picked up at least half a dozen ticks, however, so I went back to walking the roadways for the second walk of the day, another three miles with Hunter and Indy.

Walking those two together is a great experience. They are striking and get lots of looks. One woman came up and wanted to meet them, which they need. They will walk side-by-side, both on my left, in a nice "heel" position, making me look like a good dog handler. They don't pull, they don't bounce around, they just walk nicely. The only exception is when Hunter spots a squirrel. He took off and I was glad I had seen it first and had a good grip on the leashes. I haven't seen any deer when we've been out so I don't know how he would react to them.


















No comments: