Saturday, October 5, 2019

Fall Arrives

Fall arrived Friday afternoon, blowing in from the west on a stiff and steady breeze. It was the most beautiful thing since spring. The days are getting very short, but if that's the price we pay for a break from 95 degree weather in October, I'll take it.

I've said before that I think fall is the nicest time of year around here. Spring may be pretty and green, and I'm always glad to see it, but fall is cool and refreshing, and slower paced than spring. After mowing in the spring, it's already time to start again. After you mow in the fall you're good for a while and you can do something else that you've neglected throughout the summer. The next mowing is just to even off cool season grasses and chop up leaves as they fall to make things look tidy.

This year has been very dry and it may not be the most colorful fall, but after the long summer we've had, it's the most welcome change of seasons I can remember.

These pictures were late in the day as I rode the mower around the pasture and the dogs ran with me. A lot of them are fuzzy because of movement and low light, but we were really enjoying the cool air.



This is just so Serena. Big, bouncing, out of focus. She's a lovable goofy Dane.






I get a lot of pictures of Max when I'm riding the mower in
the pasture because he follows me more than anyone else.
Some dogs, especially Serena, are put off by the mower
noise, but it just excites Max and turns up his crazy.
Theo keeps me in sight, but doesn't feel the need to follow
me on the mower like Max.




Zeus goes off an does his own thing, generally in the trees.










No comments: