Thursday, September 22, 2022

Equinox

This evening, at 9:03 p.m. to be precise, was the autumnal equinox marking the start of fall, my favorite season. I was still working so I didn't get out to light a bonfire, but I plan to do so sometime soon and it's finally going to be cool enough to enjoy it. 

I didn't have time for much of anything today, but did take the dogs out to run around the yard several times and here's a few pictures from one such occasion. 

The good news around here is that Clay got a negative Covid test result this morning. That's a great way to start the new season.




Max and Paisley

Cosmo, Elvis, Maya, and Max


Maya and Della 

Elvis (left) and Paisley have become good playmates.






Cosmo's nickname is The Big Hairy Beast, and it's appropriate, 
at least the big and hairy part.


Elvis is quite cute and sweet.


Cosmo strutting his stuff


Maya doesn't run around with the other dogs very much, but she always wants to go along.


1 comment:

Scott Rothe said...

Congrats to Clay on another year and a negative Covid test.

Boo on kitchen fires!

I, too, am partial to Autumn. I loved burrowing into piles of leaves as a kid, and put up less of a fight when ordered to rake the yard (compared to any other yard work). Though the first few weeks of school in Salina were miserably hot, by mid-September the teachers could open the windows. Our high school years were in a new, air-conditioned building.

The downside to Autumn in Kansas was ragweed pollen, which really hit me hard all the way through the first hard freeze.

Southern Arizona seasons pretty much meld into two 6-month seasons: Summer (May through October), and Spring/Fall (or "Sprall" (November through April). There are just a few weeks in late December when nighttime temperatures dip into the 30s (which generate all kinds of warnings on the news). I just laugh and soak it in, as all of the months of heat dissipate from my body. 25 years ( !!! ) of Arizona living has not rid me of my enjoyment of four seasons. So, I enjoy your daily walks from afar.