Wednesday, September 7, 2022

Rita Rottweiler

We finally settled on a name for the new rottie. She is now officially Rita Rottweiler. When Quinn went back to her real foster home this morning Rita took her place in Daneland alongside Olivia and Adelaide.

The three girls did a brief introductory sniff, but then they were off and running, particularly Rita and Olivia. Olivia is fast and very lively. Rita is young enough to keep up with her and she had a lot of pent up energy that has been needing an outlet. I stayed with them for a while, watching their play while avoiding being in the middle of it. I emptied, rinsed, and re-filled the water tank, which got a lot of use. 

The play was fast and rough, but only once got a little out of hand. I yelled and broke it off, but when I went back inside I separated Rita from the other two by closing the Daneland divider. However, when I went back out later to check on everyone I found that Rita had pushed through the divider and was back hanging out and playing with her new friends. 

I will be bringing them all inside tonight of course, and I predict that all will sleep soundly. 










Olivia is outsized by everyone around here, but you wouldn't know it
when you see her play. She can hold her own.





Adelaide isn't as fast as the other two and she gets hot.





Fresh out of the water tank.

That's a fierce look on Rita, but Olivia isn't the least bit intimidated.

Olivia would still be running when the big dogs need a rest.


No comments: