Friday, September 16, 2022

I'm an Elvis fan

He's only been here a little over 24 hours, but Elvis has already made himself at home. He slept in bed with me last night, snuggled up against my arm. He was followed me around everywhere I go today and is rarely out of my sight, or more accurately, I'm rarely out of his sight. Maya, Della, and/or Paisley might be a little jealous, but they seem to understand that he's new, and besides, he's a boy so they don't see him as any real competition. 

I think he was probably accustomed to running off leash around his property. He isn't interested in using the a/c yard for his business. I took him out on a leash this morning and he took care of business right away on the grass. Later I took him out on a long line and let him wander around. He checked out the  yard some but came right back to me. He's deaf so I can't call him, but if he sees me gesture, or sees me walk away, he comes right along. Still later I took him out off leash entirely (fenced yard), and he explored a bit more. And this evening I took him out on a walk at Pleasant Grove with Della. 

He's good on a leash, no pulling, and none of that zigzag, side-to-side walking or that behind and around movement that wraps me up in a leash. He was curious and interested in everything we saw but didn't bark or carry on, even when he spotted a couple of deer. His house manners seem perfect. He's still doing a hunger strike, won't touch his food, so he's not entirely settled in but he seems to be well on his way to getting there. He barks when I'm out of sight or away from him, but I think he'll get over that when he's more comfortable with everything around here.



Snuggled up against me in bed last night.
















No comments: