Friday, September 2, 2022

Another girl?

I'm beginning to feel like a daddy without a Y chromosome to his name. We have an unbroken string of female fosters going here. Currently there are Paisley, Olivia, Adelaide, Quinlynne, and now a no-name female rottie. Before that we have Lilibet and Charlotte. The last male we had was Odin and that seems like a very long time ago now. But I sort of have a preference, or at least a soft spot for female dogs, so that's okay. 

The new girl is about two years old, a smallish female rottie, from a shelter where she arrived as a result of an abuse/neglect situation. I don't know any details. She wasn't doing well at the shelter but she seemed very happy to be out. She's only met Paisley face-to-face so far, but she's a bit overwhelmed by everything so we are taking it slow. 



This is me getting the sniff test. 
I usually pass these pretty easily because of all the dog smells I carry.

A taste test?

She's happy and confident, but she is a bit cautious yet,
and probably for good reason given her history.



She has a nice classic rottie sit/lean.


There no hunger strike here.




No comments: