Saturday, September 3, 2022

Quinlynne's night out

Friday night we took Quinlynne to Decipher for beer and society. It was probably her first time out anywhere and she was scared when we first walked in. There was a big crowd but fortunately our usual table near the door was available so we didn't need to go too far inside at first. Someone wanted to greet her immediately and she was shaking at first but she handled it well and soon relaxed and enjoyed it. After that she stuck pretty close to me, mostly under the table, but after a while she got up and wanted to explore a bit and meet some other people. 

A few people came over and met her and later on my friend Meg showed up with her husband, daughter, and their dog. The dogs were fine and Quinley enjoyed herself. For a 3-4 month old puppy in a new and noisy environment, she did very well. A couple people have asked why she has no tail. I can only assume that the former owner docked it when she was born. I'm just glad they didn't try a DIY at-home ear cropping too. 

She's eating better now but I do need to separate her from the others and stay with her to make sure she finishes her food. She ate three meals on Saturday and I think that's what we'll try from now on. She's got a lot of growing to do.



I love it when a dog wants to lay on my feet for a feeling of security.
She feels safer and I feel needed.










Meg took this picture of the two dogs and me. 




No comments: