Sunday, September 25, 2022

Elvis sightings

Elvis sightings are not that hard to come by. They've become pretty common around here at least.

I took Elvis, Della, Maya, Max, and Cosmo out to the pasture today. My legs hurt too much to walk today so I rode a mower. Cosmo was funny. He enjoys himself in the yard, but he was reluctant to come on out to the pasture. I left the gate open so he could come in on his own, and he did make a few forays into the pasture, even once going to the fence at the bottom of the property, but he clearly wanted us all to give up this mad venture into the wilderness and return to the yard and house. Maya was similarly inclined, but she dutifully followed me along anyway. Della went off an did her own thing as she always does. Max followed me most of the time and Elvis made frequent appearances too. It was a very different experience from the high speed chase led by Olivia the day before.

I worked most of the morning and after the pasture run I took Elvis with me up to Patch Brewery because I wanted to try the new marzen that just came out. It's a style of beer that I like and this one is most excellent. It was Elvis' first public outing with me, but he was just as sweet and friendly with strangers as he is at home. He would have liked to walk around and meet everyone in the brewery, but I sat down with a beer and let people come to us. Eventually he settled into a chair and even went to sleep. I had to wake him when I was ready to leave. I think I could have found an adopter or two for him out there today.
















This picture of Della gives a clue about the height of the grass out there.


Max still finds things to carry.







Cosmo, the Big Hairy Beast, was only slightly easier to spot than Bigfoot out there today.
















No comments: