Saturday, September 24, 2022

Sunny Saturday

It was another beautiful day. When I first took the dogs out in the morning it was cool enough that I grabbed a sweatshirt to put on. That was a nice feeling.

I took Rita and Olivia to an adoption event today, at the 10th anniversary celebration of Natural Pet Essentials. Both dogs were a hit, as I knew they would be. Olivia was no surprise because I've had her out in public on several occasions now. She works the crowd and enjoys doing it. It was the first time I've taken Rita to any place other than Pleasant Grove for a hike. This was her first "social" outing. There were lot of folks there who already loved her from her pictures so everyone was happy to see her and she responded well. She was good with all the people and all the dogs, except one. She had a good time, and got lots of treats and lots of love. The event was on in the sun, in a parking lot, and without shade it got a little too warm for a black dog so she got to sit in the van in the shade for a while before we left.

There was a couple who were interested in Olivia who came to meet her. They have two other dogs and two cats, but they were very taken by Olivia and wanted to meet her. I ended up going by their place on my way home to try a first meeting, and it went pretty well. One dog was no problem at all, the second one was pretty grumpy. Then I stopped by Berta's place for a second cat meeting, which was even more encouraging. I sent them an update and they seem to be interested. We will see what comes of it.

I came home and did a little work but then took Della and Elvis out for a three mile hike before it got dark.




Rita was good but it got warm out there so I cut her first outing a little short.

I swear if I was still with VGSR this girl would have been adopted in a heartbeat.
She looks like a perfectly formed miniature shepherd, perfect for the NOVA crowd.
She's cute, she's sweet, and she's smart.


Olivia with Berta's cat, Portia.



There is a feathered ball on the end of this scratching post and Rita wanted to play with.

She was very sweet with Berta and took treats very gently.
She was good with the cat too.


Della and Elvis are an unlikely pair, but they walk well together.





Not an overly dramatic sunset, but a pretty one nonetheless.




No comments: