Saturday, March 25, 2023

Normalizing

They've been here for a week now and I just put the three shepherds to bed by myself for the second night. I went out and Fargo was already inside on a bed. He came out but with very little effort and gentle directing I got all three herded inside and closed the door. I'm able to touch them all now, even Fargo. Although he's still not crazy about it, he will make eye contact with me and that's halfway home. 

If a dog will look you in the eye, they can see who and what you truly are. If a dog is reluctant to make eye contact, it's because they are afraid to find out that the human before them is the monster they most recently knew. But if they will take the chance and look, their gaze will penetrate any human façade and see straight into the soul of the being in front of them. Your soul is laid bare before them, and yes, they will judge you. Blessed are those deemed worthy of a second look. 

The best thing that could happen for these three now would be for them to go to three separate homes, even if foster homes, and learn to bond with a decent human. That's all they need to be fully shepherd, to be fully dog. 

Fargo, Sturgis, and Dakota




Sturgis

Fargo and Sturgis


Sturgis

Fargo. I swear to dog, he will be my friend.

Dakota

Fargo (looking at me!), Dakota, and Sturgis


No comments: