Saturday, March 4, 2023

Oh happy day

The sun was shining and the sky was blue, beautifully blue, not hazy, and on a Saturday, no less, following a miserable rainy Friday culminating a very busy work week. I actually worked a good part of the day, but it was weekend work, just catching up, without pressure, without email. Even did a little housecleaning on breaks. 

I took in two Great Danes this morning, not new fosters, but returning fosters who are with us while their folks are out of town. One is MoDean, formerly Allagash, one of Della's 12 pack of puppies from 2019. Rorschach, formerly Galaxy, is also a former foster, one of the Danes from the hoarding case that happened in the fall of 2019 after Della's pups had been adopted. These guys are not far from home, they live just down the road a bit. 

I moved Kaiya out of here today. She went to a new foster home, a trainer, who will work with her and try to find an appropriate placement for her. We are a good foster home for many dogs, and a port in the storm for many others, but I've come to realize that we can't be all things to all dogs. Kaiya wasn't working out here because of her issues with the females in our house and tensions were just growing rather than easing up. I think everyone's blood pressure went down a bit after she left today. I know mine did.

Maya and Elvis had a good romp through the pasture on their own this afternoon for a couple of hours, then I took Elvis and Della for a four mile hike. A great day all around.

This saucer magnolia always blooms early and often gets hit by frost,
but not this year, thanks to our mild, but wet winter.
It was blooming in all its glory today against the blue sky.

Rorschach and MoDean. I'll get more and better pics tomorrow.


These two pics give a good perspective on the size difference between these two.




The blue sky makes a beautiful background for most anything, Della included.







They are an odd couple, but a good walking pair.


It might surprise some of you that this apostate likes the Jesus music. Some of it anyway, the actual folk music variety, not that insipid shit they call "christian rock." Anyway, this happy tune is one I like.



p.s.  I almost forgot one of the best things about today. I picked up a few rolls of soft, meaty, refrigerated dog food at Costco today and Max ate it this evening, with enthusiasm I haven't seen out of him in weeks! I need to check my freezer for Satin Balls.

No comments: