Monday, March 13, 2023

Quiet day

It was a slow and quiet day in my world. That's not a bad thing but it is rather rare. I worked, walked Delvis, shuffled dogs back and forth, in and out, much of the day.

I gave Chico a dose of pepto bismol this morning because he still wasn't feeling like eating. It may have helped because early this afternoon he finally ate the small meal I had first offered him in the morning. That included some metronidazole and a probiotic, as well as some pumpkin, that I hope will get the back end of his digestive tract working better again. I didn't offer any more food this evening, I'll try again tomorrow morning. Once he starts eating again he will need to make up for some lost ground.

The good news is that he stayed with me in the office for much of the day, uncrated, just laying on the floor near by chair. He's not quite as a wild and frantic as he had been. I hope this is the start of the new Chico.

I walked Della and Elvis for three miles up at Pleasant Grove, partly on the roadway and partly on some non-muddy trail. We saw another Great Dane that I didn't know. That surprised us. Della was less than pleased. 

I put Daisy out in the dog yard after dinner and inadvertently closed Della in there with her. I hadn't intended that meeting to happen just yet, but it was all right. Della had her fur up when I went out to let her out of the dog yard but there was no altercation. Daisy doesn't make a great first impression with other dogs so we've been taking it slow although I have had them pass one another in the process of moving Daisy from one place to another without any problem. I think Daisy just lacks social skills.

The three shepherd siblings I have agreed to take in aren't coming until Saturday, so maybe it will be a quiet week. That would be fine. 






Here's a picture of Elliot in yesterday's snow. (They got a lot more than we did.)
Thank you to everyone who has donated towards Elliot's care.
He's doing well and the surgery is scheduled.

And for no reason at all, here's a picture of the stir fry I made for dinner.
Sausage, beef, cabbage, veggies. It was good.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just a tip- you’ll want to give a probiotic at least 2 hours before or after any antibiotics (like metronidazole). If given together the antibiotic kills the probiotic.