Monday, March 6, 2023

Getting acquainted

MoDean and Rorschach are two former fosters who are boarding here while their folks are out of town. MoDean was one of Della's puppies. Rorschach came in on the tail end of that group of Danes seized from a hoarder in the same year that Della had her puppies. 

Mo and Ro and occupying the puppy shed and Daneland but today I took them out to the pasture again for a run, along with Della and Elvis. I have no doubt that Della and MoDean recognized one another. MoDean was happier about the reunion than his mother, but she was fine with him and I think she may have even invited him to run with her once today. MoDean apparently got himself too close into Elvis' business when he was hunting and Elvis ran him off but there was no problem. Rorschach was more sociable with me than with either of the two new dogs but he didn't have any problems with them. Everyone had a good run in the pasture. 

I would really like to put Chico out with the two Danes. I think he would engage them in play and it would be good for all of them, but I don't trust Chico not to go over the fence.

Della and one of her 12 children.




MoDean

Rorschach


I think this is when MoDean got in Elvis's way when Elvis was engaged in the hunt.


Della and Rorschach are about the same size. MoDean is substantially larger.






Elvis is not intimidated by larger dogs.







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This makes me soooooo so happy. To see Rorschach interacting with other dogs. ❤️