Wednesday, March 29, 2023

Hiking with Delvis

I kept myself on task pretty well today and got my work done so I could get out in time for a good long hike with Della and Elvis. I was feeling good and wanted to cover a lot of ground and we did, just over five miles. Della didn't do nearly as much stopping and sniffing as she usually does and that helped our pace and my mood. We passed several other walkers, one with a dog, but everyone was leashed and we just went on our way without incident. 

After a couple of days of being pulled around by Norman and the shepherds, my back needed a break and my legs needed the workout. This was perfect.

Spring is definitely happening.

Della, my shadow, and Elvis










5.05 miles

I should know what these are, our front yard is full of them.
You also see a lot of them along the trails.


They don't show up so well in the picture, but they form a virtual flowering carpet in our front yard.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Virginia Spring Beauty. Claytonia Virginia

Anonymous said...

virginica not virginia