Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Pick up and delivery

Today was to be my trip to Natural Bridge to pick up two new female shepherds from SW Virginia.  The trip happened, but with a few variations. 

When I loaded up the van on Sunday, it wouldn't start.  It jump started easily enough and I assumed it would charge up on the drive, but I stuck my jumper cables and the portable charger in the van just in case.  That was my best idea of the day because I needed them after stopping for gas.  After that I just left the van running because the returned shepherd, Roman, hung out in there during the adoption event anyway.  I made it back home and took it in on Monday to have the battery checked.  It needed both a battery and an alternator, and I was advised not to drive it to Natural Bridge and back on Tuesday. 

So I took a different car today and it worked out fine because I only had one shepherd to pick up instead of two.  I still took along two crates, however, because in addition to the shepherd, I brought back these two little long haired miniture dachshunds. I dropped them off at a vet's office and they will be going to another Animal Connections foster home.  Cute little guys, but not my cup of tea, obviously. 

The new girl has no name, but Clay suggested Annie so she will show up near the top of the website.  That isn't a bad idea, but I'm open to suggestions. 

The new girl seems very nice.  She's by herself tonight, but I think I can introduce her to the others tomorrow.  She and Riddle will go to the vet for spay/neuter on Thursday.

This trip was a good 5+ hours out of my day so I had work to do this evening.  Got the van back too, and it's starting and running again.

3 comments:

Jennifer Q said...

I like Audrey, because it means Nobel strength!!

She's pretty!

Good luck with the van! You need a car donated to You!! Well a bus!

Ann said...

Aletha.

First word that came to mind, which is funny since I've never known anyone with that name! Ann

Risa said...

Alma. In honor and memory of Alma Mahler Gropius Werthel, as described in a Tom Lehler song.