Sunday, August 7, 2011

Quiet weekend

Clay's been in NYC and I really didn't do a damn thing this weekend.  Well, I did some yard work and that sort of thing, but I passed up all the dog events for the weekend.  They were mostly too far away and I was not in the mood.  I did, however, take the male black lab, Max, to a potential new home on Saturday at noon.

He went home for the weekend and see how he would be with cats, kids, other dogs, and house manners.  He's been fine with other dogs around here, but all those other things are complete unknowns so I have no idea if it is likely to work or not.  But it's a great potential home and I didn't have to go any farther than Charlottesville to make it happen so it was certainly worth a shot.  I should know by Monday. 

If he doesn't get adopted there, I really need to work on getting some decent pics of that dog and his sister, Maddie.  Whenever I have Max on a leash he generally has his head down, away from me, and is pulling me.  It doesn't make for a very good picture and black dogs are hard to photograph even under the best of circumstances. 

The long haired dog in this picture is my former foster, Buck.  He is now called Robin and is with Service Dogs of Virginia, soon to be placed as a companion for an autistic child. 

Robin is the most bomb proof dog I've ever seen, nothing phases him, so unpredictable and occasionally inappropriate behavior from a child should not be a problem for him. 

The other dog is a yellow lab pup, also a service dog in training. 

Robin looked great and they only have nice things to say about him.


Remember the long haired shepherd I pulled from Nelson County a week or so ago?  This is him on the left, and the pic at the right is what was under all that hair.

Long hair can hide a lot of problems as well as hold a lot of mud.  He's in a foster home now and has already been to an adoption event where he had some interested adopters. 


This final picture is former foster Sable, with a dirty face and brown nose that gives away the fact that she had been outside digging a nice hole.  Rotties are good diggers.  Vito used to get Jack to dig a hole for him to lay in.  Emmylou would hunt moles underground but would use get Molly to do the dirty work. 

No comments: