Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Riddle the Awesome


We got some pics of Riddle at the VGSR adoption event in Gainesville last Sunday. 

The dog is just stunning, and that's with a bad coat and being underweight.




















As I said in a previous post, he was very friendly with people and other dogs.  He was overjoyed with all the petting and attention that he got at the adoption event. 

I'm hesitant to put him on the VGSR website because I don't have time to answer all the emails he will generate.  Maybe it's just me, but I think he's awesome.


When Darlene was holding him last Sunday she walked him out to the grassy area in the parking lot to take a break.  He spotted my van and sat down by it, ready to go.  He uses his nose more than most shepherds.  I noticed today when he was out in the dog yard he was going around just sucking up scent.  He'd probably make a fine working dog, but I'd rather he be someone's pet and companion.  I don't really believe in putting dogs at risk to solve human problems. 

1 comment:

BudsBuddy said...

Riddle is very photogenic. Maybe he could be a service dog, like Buck.