Wednesday, August 10, 2011

You gotta love a lab

Labs are just lovable.  There's a reason they are so popular.  They tend to love everyone and are generally pretty easy going and amenable to most anything.  Personally, I like a dog who a bit more selective about their friends and that may be why I prefer shepherds, but for most people a lab, a golden, or best of all a hound mutt is far and away the best choice when it comes to adding a canine member to their family. 

Max is lucky to be a lab.  Since yesterday's post I've had offers of assistance from so many people that I knew we could give Max a chance at a pain-free life.  I checked again with the woman who was interested in him and she is still willing to get him through the surgery and rehab.  So things are falling into place for his guy, while he spent the day oblivious to it all--fat, dumb, and happy, in typical lab style.  (Actually, Max isn't fat.) 

A few words about donations.  First, thank you.  Any amount is welcomed and highly appreciated, it all adds up.  Second, don't send more than you can comfortably afford, even if that amount is zero.  Third, I don't really want to post my address to the world on the internet, so if you don't have it, just send me an email to vadogrescue@aol.com and I'll send you my address.  Max is fostered through Animal Connections and checks should be made payable to Animal Connections.  Fourth, thank you again.  This is not going to be cheap but it's not going to be an unreasonable amount and Max is a great dog who deserves a chance. 

The plan is for me to take Max to his new foster tomorrow so they will have some time to get him acclimated before his surgery.  The surgery will be done at Old Dominion Animal Hospital in Charlottesville, which does great work for Animal Connections, Virginia German Shepherd Rescue, and a several other rescue organizations in the area.  I also take all of my personal dogs there.  I'm leaving it to the foster and the vet to decide when to do the surgery, but I expect it will be soon.  Updates will be forthcoming, of course. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

he is such a beautiful boy. Labs are such good dogs. It is heart warming to see that people are willing to pitch in.

BudsBuddy said...

Thanks for the great news. I knew there would be others who couldn't resist that face!