Saturday, August 13, 2011

A flood of females

This is Thora, (left) arrived yesterday.  She is now with Gypsy Jr. and Sparky and is doing fine.  She spent last night in a crate in my office.  It was a bit of a wrestling match getting her in there (back end first is what finally worked), but once she was in she settled down and was quiet all night.  I brought her in because there was barking outside, but I'm not sure it was her.  I think it may have been Riddle who was in a kennel next to her yesterday afternoon and evening.  He's still intact and she has recently had pups and may (I hope not) be going into heat.  When I went out to bring her in about midnight, he was going crazy. 

This is a female, (right) approximately 2 years old, on a stray hold at a shelter over in the Valley.  Although she's technically a stray, it seems unlikely that anyone will come looking for her because apparently someone was seen pushing her out of a vehicle at a park.  (What kind of person does that?  White trash, it was just a rhetorical question.)  She will be coming next weekend more than likely.


This is a young female, about a year old, at a shelter down in SW Virginia where my doggie dealer lives.  She was an owner surrender.  She needs to get out of there so we are meeting at Natural Bridge on Tuesday, like I have time for that.

And this is another young female, probably 2-3 years old, in the same shelter.  Apparently she is very sweet, loves to play fetch.  She's coming too, but where I'm going to put them, I don't know.

I'm leaving town in a couple weeks, I don't need any more dogs right now, so dog dumpers, give it a rest.

And to top it off, a dog I adopted 4 years ago is being dumped back on me tomorrow by someone else who considers VGSR to be a rental program.  They had kids, wife doesn't like the dog, etc.  He's a beautiful male, below, maybe 6 years old, I hope I can move him fast. 

No comments: