Thursday, April 5, 2012

Nero and Hank

Nero went back to the vet today.  He's been off the antibiotics for 10 days or more now, so they took another culture from his skin to see if he still has any MRSA or anything else.  He looks much, much better; all the scabs are gone. 

After Nero's appointment I called the guy who had Hank.  He called back while I was at the grocery store so I headed over to meet Hank.  (The other dog I was expecting to take in today, Bear, was taken by another rescue, so Hank moved up on the list.)


Hank had been adopted from a shelter as a puppy by a college student, over a year ago.  That's rarely a good idea.  Hank was no worse for the experience, however.  He's housetrained, good with other dogs, very good with people.  But he's 14 months old, has an endless supply of energy, and needs someone who can give him the time, attention, and exercise that he needs.  His vaccines are due at the end of the month, but he's already neutered and at least he had actual vet records. 

Hank came home with me and moved in with Dixie, who promptly kicked his butt over an empty food dish at dinner time.  He's ok, but I'll keep them separated for a while at feeding time.  The two of them are similar size and speed and I think they will be good together. 

I took Nero out to the pasture with me this evening while I mowed.  He finally stopped pacing along next to the mower but he never left the area and never was out of sight.  He also was never without his tennis ball.  I'm taking him, Dixie, and Hank to a Gainesville adoption event on Sunday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nero is turning into one handsome dude! Good luck with his adoption.