Monday, April 23, 2012

G.G.



G.G. stands for Good Girl and she is.  She's lived with many small dogs, too many I suspect, and has had a few problems with some of them.  G.G. is with us now, and the closest thing we have to a small dog is Lana and Hank.

G.G. is a Great Dane, but she was the runt of a litter of 14, so she's not a big Dane.  She's more like a Lesser Dane.  She is about the height and length of our Bremo and he's about 100 pounds, but she weighs less than that.  My camera was on the wrong setting this evening and the pictures are not great.  She is a beautiful black color aside from the white markings.  Natural ears. 

She's very shy, not well socialized, but there's no fear aggression.  She had lived in the same place her entire life (almost 4 years), and just hasn't seen much of the outside world. 

GG is camped out in a big crate in my office for tonight and doesn't show any inclination to move.  She's watching me and I hope is deciding that she can trust me.  G.G. is spayed already and her rabies vaccine is current, so we won't have to go anywhere scary right away. 

I'm thinking that her smaller size may help her avoid some of the problems that the giant Danes tend to develop as they age.   I hear her snoring softly, so she's relaxed enough to sleep.  Sweet girl. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww.... such a sweetie :)

Anonymous said...

She is gorgeous!!! What a great looking girl!!!