Wednesday, April 18, 2012

A change of pace

After last week's onslaught of shepherds I'm ready for something different.  Her name is Daisy, and she is said to be a lab/bloodhound mix.  Interesting.  She's a great looking dog, just about a year old, about 75 pounds, already spayed, and apparently is sort of a mahogany color.  She just looks like a chocolate lab to me, but her head, ears, and jowls are perhaps a little bigger.  It's always hard to tell from pictures, but I trust the source on the most important matter, the only really important matter, which is temperament.  Neither of us really cares a bit about genetics, but we do appreciate a nice looking dog when we see one. 

Daisy will be coming from my SW Virginia doggie dealer.  I'm not sure when, maybe this coming Saturday.  Her back story is a familiar one.  Young man getting married, dog not welcome.  I'm told that he's a good guy (works with at-risk children and took this dog as pup from a bad living situation from one of his cases), and he has taken good care of the dog.  However, this is obviously a bad choice on his part as I'd wager a good amount of money that this dog will outlive his marriage.  Men are stupid when it comes to sex and women; it has always been so.

Daisy is housetrained, good with dogs, and even cats.  And I've been promised that she doesn't bay like a bloodhound.  I'll believe that when I don't hear it.


I'll also be getting Tomas the shepherd this week, but I don't expect to have him for long. 


My doggie dealer also has three pyr mix pups, about 6 weeks of age.  I should be getting pictures tonight but I told her I wouldn't take them until after their second round of vaccines.


I need to get Rex to the vet for routine stuff this week, as well as Nero, to discuss the next round of our battle with MRSA.

3 comments:

Maryo said...

Daisy is a nice looking dog. Unfortunately, women make the same mistakes as men. . .

You are taking in puppies??!!

Nerdy Knitter said...

If we could take Daisy, I would in a heartbeat! Her muzzle/snout does look slightly different from what I think of as Lab, but what do I know--Henry's not a "real" Lab, either. LOL. She's wonderful--someone will want her ASAP.

Anonymous said...

She looks kinda thin is she a recent rescue?