Saturday, April 28, 2012

Woofstock


Statue of Robert E. Lee on Monument Avenue
A former adopter with his dog, Berlin
I missed out on an adoption event last weekend due to rain and really didn't want to go two full weeks without a chance at an adoption.  So today I took two VGSR dogs to Woofstock in Richmond.  They had a block of Monument Avenue blocked off to traffic and the wide median and parts of the streets on either side were lined with dog-related vendors and dog adoption groups.  I took Dixie and Hank, who both had a good time. 
Hank, soaking up the love


Like many such events, there was a bigger turnout of rescue people looking for adopters than there was of potential adopters.  I always enjoy those events because it's a chance to see other rescue groups from the area.  Usually we are off doing our own separate adoption events on weekends so it's a chance to interact and connect.  Of course, I don't know many Richmond area groups, but I did get to spend time with some of the Richmond area VGSR volunteers.  There was a group there with a lot Danes, so I talked them about Gigi and they will do a courtesy listing of her for me, when and if I'm read to do that. 

A Pyrennees rescue group also in attendance
Hank had a great time, he is very sociable, really loves people, human contact, attention, food, everything that goes along with an event like that.  Dixie liked it too, but I'm not as trusting with her with the dog-on-dog contact, although she's always been fine at VGSR adoption events in Gainesville.  There were a lot of small dogs there today, however, and she really does seem to zero on in them with a predator's interest and intensity. 


There was a moon bounce, a stage, food, and even beer.

Dixie is great with people but wants to be in charge of other dogs.

Hank always has a smile and a wag.

2 comments:

cdturner1 said...

Glad you made it. I wish I had known you were there--I would have come over to your booth. I'm even in one of your photos. I was there with RAL.

BudsBuddy said...

I got a chuckle out of the moon bounce photo. The rottie with the man in red has as much of its body in contact with its owner as possible while remaining seated! LOL, typical rottie!