Sunday, March 15, 2015

Pi and Beer


Yesterday was the Pi Day of the century and I spent much of it at an adoption event in northern Virginia with Promises Animal Rescue. I took Felix and Daisy. Felix was fun. He barfed on the way up but I hadn't fed him breakfast so it wasn't too bad. He will get over the car sickness eventually, hopefully soon. He didn't have a clue about what was going on, but he had a good time as puppies do. A woman came by with an 11 month old female harlequin Great Dane (with cropped ears, but I won't get started on that). She is still a puppy herself and she played with Felix for a while. Felix can hold his own in play with much larger dogs and he enjoyed the attention.

Daisy continues to become more at ease each time she attends an adoption event. She was really good yesterday and she met a couple who were interested enough that they went home and came back with their male boxer to see how they got along. Daisy was fine with him, of course, and boxer was with her as well. I'm hoping they submit an application because it seemed like a potential home that would be worth pursuing.












































When I got home I found that Bear had gotten sick in his crate. That was quite a mess and took a while to clean up, but fortunately he was clean and was just happy to get back outside to the kennel. The three days of wormer had wrecked his digestive system, I suspect, and maybe the Rimadyl wasn't agreeing with his stomach because his breakfast came up also. He's on dietary rest today, particularly after getting me up at 1:00 a.m. to go outside. I feel bad for him but he will be all right. I gave him an Immodium at 1:00 a.m. and another this morning, but only a small meal of rice and pumpkin. Fortunately, today is a beautiful day to be outdoors.

Maya had accompied me to the adoption event because it was too long to leave her home alone. After cleaning up Bear's mess, we went with the neighbors down to the James River Brewery in Scottsville where Clay is now working as the new taproom manager. A number of the locals had asked about her; she has friends and fans wherever we go.

No comments: