Sunday, March 1, 2015

Puppy's first adoption event

Saturday was a Promises Animal Rescue adoption event up in Gainesville.  I took my two Promises dogs, Daisy and Felix. It was the first time out for Felix and only the day after I got him, but he was already fully vetted and I had no doubt that he would be fine. I passed him off to two young girls to hold during the event and he had a great time greeting all the people, and the dogs who would tolerate him.

This was Daisy's third outing, I think, and she knew the routine. She's less scared each time I take her out and clearly I need to do so more often. She would let anyone approach her and pet her and sometimes she made the first move herself. I held her for a while but then passed her off to someone else although I stayed nearby.

At home, Daisy is proving to be the best nanny for Felix of any dog I've got around here. She will tolerate him and even play with him, whereas most of the other dogs ignore him if they can and growl at him if he won't leave them alone. He's seriously cute and I'm not giving up on the idea of him being part Dane. His legs are as long as his body and he's got that one ear, the left one, that sort of sticks out to the side just like Gigi's.









Lab ear on the left (his right) and
Dane ear on the right (his left).






Daisy found a place where she felt comfortable
and settled down on a blanket.


A very generous donation of food from a fellow
dog person, and underneath all that are two big beds.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Felix is a cutie. Bet you won't have him very long.