Thursday, March 24, 2016

National Puppy Day

Yesterday was apparently National Puppy Day judging from the numerous posts I saw on Facebook. That's one of those things you can depend upon Facebook to let you know, because even if it's wrong, who cares?
As usual, I'm a day late and a dollar short, but any day is a good day for puppy pictures.
Yesterday evening I found I had no work to do and I was disinclined to start mowing. I remembered someone saying that no one ever went to their death bed wishing they had mowed the grass one more time. Besides, once I start mowing, that's about all I'll be doing for the next month or two. I decided it could wait another day, or two, and I loaded up Kip and we headed down to James River Brewery to celebrate National Puppy Day.  I don't think Kip will be around here much longer and I needed to get all the puppy experience out of him that I could to hold me for a while.
Taking any dog other than Maya is asking for trouble from Maya, so I had to sneak Kip out of the house. I stashed Maya in the AC yard on the side of the house opposite from the dog yard where she couldn't see what I was doing. Then I extracted Kip from the dog yard and put him in the van before letting Maya back into the house before I left. It seems to have worked because I came home and found no destruction to evidence Maya's displeasure at being left behind for another dog.
Kip had been out in the dog yard all day playing with Sam and Atlas, so he was tired and therefore very calm and well-behaved. I suspect he would have been anyway, he's just a great pup. He settled down next to my bar stool when nothing was happening but for much of the time there was someone there who wanted to pet him and love on him. He ate that up. He took treats but didn't hustle them from the bar the way Maya does.

I think he enjoyed it and he made a lot of new friends.








Sometimes the world makes more sense if you look at it sideways.











1 comment:

Britta said...

Great pictures of Kip!!!