Wednesday, March 9, 2016

What's one more?

He's got a rottweiler smile.
I really need to stop answering my phone. I agreed to go meet the dog just to "evaluate" him. Even as I was pulling into the parking space I was telling myself, "I'm not taking this dog home." If he had growled at me I could have said "no" but he was as sweet as he could be and he was soon in my van on the way home.

His name is Atlas, at least for now. He's part Catahoula Leopard Dog, and I'd guess, based on the head, maybe part rottweiler. I have a soft spot in my heart and my head for rotties, and that damn "Sucker" tattoo on my forehead really needs to go. I wasn't planning on this one because I've got another coming probably this weekend and I haven't yet moved Sam. But what are you going to do.

Sam needed a playmate. He's happy outside during the day. He was fine in the crate in the kitchen the first night, and I have plenty of food. We got home as it was getting dark, and I don't like evening introductions but everything went fine. He's good with dogs and everyone seemed to accept him coming in; I guess they are pretty much used to it.

He is a striking, very attractive dog, albeit very thin, and he seems very nice. He's got a neuter appointment already for Monday. Welcome Atlas.








Atlas is in the center of this blur. Trooper on the left,
Maya on the right, and Theo in front.
Meeting Maya


Trooper and Theo, checking out Atlas
Trooper approved








He had to have been pretty freaked out by coming into a
house full of dogs, but he handled it very well.




I'll try to get some decent daylight pictures of him in the coming days.

7 comments:

Cheryl Daidone said...

He is adorable and you need to leave the "sucker" tattoo. You are a good man!

Ginger Garrison said...

Oh Brent, the stories get better every day.
Thank you for your big heart

Anonymous said...

I used to have a double glass-eyed Catahoula, she came to me via a very circuitous path. She was beautiful, so intelligent, protective of my daughter...and a bundle of energy! They are great dogs who need a LOT of exercise and training, but they're entirely worth it.
Thanks for giving a Catahoula a chance, Brent.

Unknown said...

Thank you again for giving this guy a chance. You're the best "sucker" I know.
Marilyn

Anonymous said...

I think your tattoo becomes you:-) You are a great person and I am so thankful for all you do! This new guy is gorgeous!!!

Unknown said...

I think it's more of a neon sign...blinking. What a gorgeous dog and brilliant breed mix. How old?

Andrea said...

Thank you for being such a wonderful "sucker" and giving Atlas a chance! He's in good hands now! (And what a striking boy!!)