Monday, January 24, 2022

Grover's solo hike

After walking Grover with Maya and then Della over the past two days, I decided to take him solo today. It's a good way to get him to focus on ME as the most important being in his life right now, and I worked on getting him to recognize and respond to his new name. 

He's not bad at all on a leash. He still does more back and forth than I'd prefer, but with one leash to handle I could at least prevent him from changing sides when he's behind and then wrapping leash around my legs when he surges ahead. We need to meet people, he wants to bark at them, and dogs. We need to do a city walk, but I'm not sure when that's going to happen.


He's looking up at me as we're walking, that's good.







I always think that shepherds look best in profile.



I like this because he has one year pointed in the direction that he's looking, 
but the other ear is turned and pointed at me.










1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a handsome boy!