Thursday, January 6, 2022

Snow day 4

​I’m beginning to think I should have titled this series of posts “Days of cold and darkness 1 - ?” Still no power and this afternoon I listened to a zoom meeting held by our power co-op that didn’t give me much hope for restoration of power until maybe the end of the weekend.  


But the good news is that I found propane today up in Orange so at least I can use the gas grill to boil water for coffee and heat up soup. 


We went to town again this morning for breakfast and showers. Maya came along. We took down Christmas decorations at Berta’s house and I went to Lowe’s for a few things. I went to the Southern States store in Charlottesville; they were out of propane but were expecting it that afternoon. Instead of waiting around town I called the Orange-Madison Co-op and they had it upon Orange. Maya and I headed up there and got our tank filled, and then went back home to hook it up to the grill.  


I took Della, Max, Declan, and River out to the pasture for a run before it got dark. 


Neighbors invited me to dinner where I ate their food, charged batteries, filled water jugs, and washed a couple pots for use on the grill. It’s supposed to snow here again overnight. 













1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Della is so elegant against a white background.