Wednesday, January 12, 2022

Walking again

Just before the snow storm I had sworn I was going to get my lazy ass out and moving again. The snow put that plan on hold, and the need to catch up on work and get the house in order delayed it even further. Today, however, Maya and Della and I went up to Pleasant Grove and did the two mile walk on the road that runs through the park. 

There were a lot of downed limbs and even one very large tree that was completely uprooted. I'm sure the trails through the woods are impassable in many spots. The parks and rec maintenance crew had already cut and piled up a lot of downed limbs in the open area of the park and I expect they will work on clearing the trails as weather permits. 

Maya and Della walk well together and I think it was good to get them out together, on equal footing, after the altercation that they had in the bedroom one day last week. I worry more about Maya in a fight like that, because of her age and size, but Della was the one who was limping when it was all over. They quickly returned to a state of detente after it was over, but I've been keeping an eye on them. Today's walk was as good for them as it was for me.

















2 comments:

Byron's Mom said...

Good for you for getting out there! :-)

Rachel said...

Get along, girls!

That tree is huge.