Tuesday, January 4, 2022

Snow day 2

​Day 2 without power meant no morning coffee and that’s just bullshit. Neighbor friends invited us for coffee and breakfast, which we quickly and gratefully accepted. We walked down the road, (there is just one trump flag flying doublewide between us), and basked in the warmth of their wood stove. They also have a generator and therefore had working water so we filled up several growlers with drinking water for us and the dogs.  


That got the day off to a great start. Later we cleared snow from our cars. A long awaited snowplow paid a visit to our road and we saw at least the start of a effort to clear downed trees and power lines. We now have access to cleared roadways so we are no longer stranded. Clay will go to work tomorrow and I have a doctor’s appointment. We are both going to his mother’s place for a much needed shower tomorrow morning. 


Basically we are faring fairly well. I do plan to be better prepared for the next storm, however. I feel like I should surrender a few merit badges after my total lack of preparation for this one. I hope we’ll get power back sometime tomorrow but I know not everyone will. 




Yes, that’s our new fence on the left. I expect some of the trees lost some limbs. We’ll see when the snow is gone. 




Max has the best winter cost of any of us. 




The deep snow barely slows Della down. 




Maya is enjoying going out with us in the snow. 




River is going to look and be very powerful when he puts on some more weight. 




Declan is very much a people dog. He always wants to be near you with his head in your hand. 








1 comment:

Risa said...

This is why I don't live in Vermont anymore. But your dogs look happy. I hope you get your power back soon.