Monday, January 10, 2022

Back in business

The power is back on, as of Sunday evening. That meant we had light and heat, which was wonderful, but the water wasn't working because of mud in the system. I finally got that cleared by mid-day on Monday and we were looking forward to showers, but then discovered we had no hot water. It could be full of mud too, I don't know; we've called somebody. But the dishwasher is catching up and we are washing clothes in cold water for now. And the internet came miraculously back with the power. I have a week's worth of work to catch up on, but all things considered, life is good.

Erika held off until we had power back, which I appreciate, but this new guy needed out of the shelter today and he came here. He's a youngish male, neutered, brindle Great Dane. Nice guy. He has been fine with everyone he's met so far and I don't anticipate any problem with the others. We haven't had a brindle Dane in a very long time. Our first foster Dane was a brindle, a female named Flirt. I think we've had another since then, through Green Dogs, but I can't recall the name.























No comments: