Wednesday, January 5, 2022

Snow day 3

​Well, this was the third day of snow, cold, and darkness. I’m not sure why I’m not more upset about it. It’s not exactly fun, but it’s different and I know it won’t last forever. This morning after feeding the dogs and getting everyone settled we went to town. Clay’s mother, Berta, has heat and water so we went for much needed showers, as well as coffee and breakfast. I had a doctor’s appointment (just a checkup), and then did some grocery shopping, followed by a Starbucks stop, and finally a slow crawl through Costco. 


The theme of all the shopping was preparedness. We are due for another potential snow storm Thursday night. I stocked up on dog food. We also needed food that doesn’t require cooking or much refrigeration. I bought meat and cheese and crackers and some fruit. Years ago a friend and I hiked the John Muir Trail living on little but trail mix for 21 days. So I picked up some ingredients and mixed it up. 


I struck out on buying propane, which was no surprise. Late afternoon Maya and I drove up to Patch Brewing Co., hung out with Clay, and shared some food with him. 


The biggest bummer about pioneer life is there’s little to do after it gets dark except go to bed. I do a blog post, slowly, on my iPhone, and we’ve been binge watching Ted Lasso on the very small screen until it’s a decent hour to go to sleep. 


I was hoping we would get power back today, but surely it will happen tomorrow. 







Brewery owner’s dog, Gus, in a spiffy new coat. 




Back home, getting ready for bed:








2 comments:

Byron's Mom said...

Paws crossed you get power back today!

Anonymous said...

I really hope you get your power back soon.