Wednesday, January 19, 2022

Not much, but WOW!

This will be short and sweet. I was very busy today and don't have much dog stuff to talk about, but I have a couple of pictures that were worthy of sharing.

This was from the first snow. I thought it was very pretty, and look how deep it is on Max!

This is Declan standing up against the 4' gate. He is very tall when he stands, a good deal taller than me.

This is a picture that really made me say "Wow!"  This is Mellie, of Rufus and Mellie, now named Ellie. She is down to just over 80 pounds now, from over 120 pounds in May, 2021.
I can't believe how good she looks and the adopter reports that she is full of energy!
I am so happy for her. The green bean diet and daily exercise works wonders.

Below, for contrast, are pictures of Mellie when I first got her.




An update on Sweet Serena: She's continuing to improve and I can no longer tell which leg she is favoring. She still moves a bit gingerly, but she's bearing weight on both legs now and getting around without difficulty. We still have several days of the antibiotics left and she has become masterful at avoiding them in her food, even in sliced turkey, or with canned food. And she has also become a picky eater, turning her nose up at the kibble if there's no canned food mixed in. I'm catering to her right now because I want her to eat those pills, but when she's fully recovered she will have to go back to the regular food program.


1 comment:

Byron's Mom said...

I'm so glad Serena is improving!! Those pics of Mellie are incredible!! Wish I could put myself on that kind of diet! :-)