Wednesday, January 26, 2022

Grover and Marshal take a hike

Continuing the "Grover and ..." theme, today it was Grover and Marshal. You may not recognize Marshal's name, because we've been trying to call him Sidney. However, we recently learned that Marshal was the dog's real name from his former home. It's a fine name and most importantly, he knows it, so I'm calling him Marshal now. 

Everyone stayed inside most of the day. It was nice and sunny, and would have been a good day for a pasture run, but I only had time for either the hike or the run, and I selfishly chose the hike because I need the exercise. I had walked Marshal once before and he is wonderful on the leash; it clearly shows some past training. The puppy, Grover, was all over the place, but Marshal just walked by my side. Grover tried to engage him in play when we started out, but Marshal knew better. 

We encountered a person who was just finishing her walk with her dog and she wanted to say hello to the boys. Her dog was in her car so we approached, puppy first, and Grover was happy to greet her. Marshal was as well, recognizing her as a dog person by her scent. She even got some of the Dane lean from Marshal.

It was good. I had purposefully taken yesterday off to give my legs a rest, but it felt good to be out there again today. I really want and need to make this a daily thing. The dogs would all agree.


Kissing up to the big dog is never a bad idea.




Everything about this little pup is nice. He's going to be a great looking dog.



Marshal may be the bulkiest Dane we've had. He is nearly as big as Declan.


A survey marker at Pleasant Grove.



No comments: