Sunday, May 1, 2022

Growing puppies

Another day of planting was too much for the dogs. They were officially over it, bored, and couldn't even pretend that what I was doing was interesting any more. Little did they know that they were in for a surprise that might make them yearn for more days of planting.

At 7:00 p.m. Sunday evening, after picking up some more plants at Lowe's, I went to Green Dogs and picked up two Great Dane pups. They are Tippy (female) and Sly (male), both about four months old. They were surrendered by their (backyard) breeder for reasons that are not entirely clear to me. But in any event, they are ours now and will be available for adoption through Green Dogs Unleashed.

They met Della first, then Maya and Tilly. I think Tilly will enjoy them and she gets the assume the big sister role in the dog yard beginning tomorrow. Max will become a mostly indoor dog. I don't trust him or Vger around them. I would love to have the pups out in Daneland, but that's Vger territory for now. I may close the divider and split Daneland into two separate parts again and try Max in the other half adjacent to Vger. That's a tomorrow question.

The pups stayed in the dog yard until it was nearly dark. I stayed outside planting a few more things and then watering since we didn't get any rain today. I brought the puppies inside and put them in side-by-side crates in the kitchen for tonight. I had never worn collars or been on a leash until today, when else they know or don't know is yet to be seen.

I'll need to figure out how to manage movement, feeding, and day/night positions for the puppies, Max, and Vger to keep everyone safe. 

That's Sly on the left and Tippy on the right. She has a white tip on her tail.
Sly looks smaller in this picture but they are actually the same size.






Della was NOT expecting puppies today and she doesn't seem overly happy about it either.

Tippy was very interested in them and I think will be good for them.



Maya laid down some rules for them too.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Busy evening and so glad you can take them!