Monday, May 16, 2022

Getting acquainted

Today was all about getting acquainted with Paisley, getting her to be more relaxed and comfortable around here, and building trust. It wasn't a one day process and I didn't expect it to be, but we got off to a good start.

I kept her inside again, but did take her out on leashed walks around the yard. She will come up to me while I'm sitting and even lick my outstretched hand, but she's still very skittish and reacts to sudden moves or sounds. She will come upstairs if I lead her on the leash, but left to her own devices she will stay downstairs. 

Paisley seems fine with Maya and Della. She doesn't display the same fear that she does with humans, but she's not really making friends with them either. She does her own thing. In the evening I took her out with the long line attached and just let her drag it around. She followed Della and Maya but also kept an eye on me. I took the long line off but left a four foot leash attached. Then I let Tilly and Sly out with her.

Tilly gave chase and Paisley obliged her by running. Sly ran with them too. Paisley may be overweight, but she is fast. I think she's got some terrier in her from the looks of her face and ears and she can sure move when she wants to. After running for a while Paisley finally stopped and the other two stopped as well. Everyone needed a breather, but when she took off again they followed. Maya and Della didn't get involved in that but did monitor the situation to make sure it was friendly. I was a little worried about Max but he had a jolly ball in his mouth and that overrode any more aggressive thoughts he might have had.

























No comments: