Thursday, May 5, 2022

Starting points

I don't share a lot of pictures of my just-planted gardens because there's just not much to see yet. In my mind I see what they will look like in a month or two, but in a photo they mostly just look like a bunch of pots that appear empty. Still, I'm going to share a few pics of them just to show the starting point. I've posted pics of the flamingo garden in prior posts, and in this one are several of the shade garden and the formal garden between the boxwoods.

Puppy pictures also show a starting point. In a few months these two young Danes will be unrecognizable. They grow up fast.

The weather has cooled off again it seems, and I'm glad because our air conditioner is out and I haven't even got it together to call anyone yet. We have window units in the office and the bedroom, so we can get by without the whole house system for a few days if necessary. It's perfect weather for the dogs to spend most of the day outdoors. Today I even opened the doors and let the dogs wander in and out for a while when I was downstairs putting some soup in the crockpot. Everyone got some good exercise today and when they come in after dark they are ready to sleep and do so all night long. 

It's a good time of year to have dogs, or to be a dog.


Sly, trying out a dog bed and chew toys.

This is my shade garden and I'm expecting great things here this year.

This is what I call the "formal garden" between the two rows of boxwoods. Behind it is the 
slate that I began putting in last year but never finished. Weeds grew up in there in the fall
and a lot of leaves accumulated, so I still have quite a bit of clean up to do and more slate to lay.
This is where my fountains are too, and I'll be on the hunt for a new one this year to add to them.

Tippy. The 2+ cups per dog 3x per day seems to be working.
They are growing, have filled out some, and have had no accidents in the crates at night.

Puppies checking out the shade garden. 

Della in repose on the boardwalk.

Tilly has continued to be a great mentor for the puppies.

Tippy running into the house when I had the doors open today.

Tilly in the buttercups. 



This is a beautiful shot of Maya.

And a good shot of Tippy too.

We cut the grass in the pasture once this year, but right now I'm letting it grow.
It has never looked better.



Della having a roll in the grass after dispatching the pups 
who had come over to see what she was doing.




This gives a good idea of how tall the grass is getting.

Della's look only varies between striking and stunning.




The pups follow Tilly around a lot and she keeps an eye on them too.

Tippy





It's not hard to get a great picture of Vger. He is a looker.




No comments: