Wednesday, May 11, 2022

Sly, one of just five

Sly is our only available foster at the moment. The only other foster we have is Tilly and she's already adopted really, just waiting for her person to get home. So it's just Sly, Tilly, plus our three, Della, Max, and Maya right now. Doesn't seem like a lot of dogs, because it isn't, but it's enough.

I let Sly and Max out together today for the first time and it was fine, although Della and Tilly were both there to supervise. Someone should have told Sly to keep away from Max because he kept following him around. But I made sure Max had a stick to occupy his mouth and I didn't leave them together unsupervised. Everything was fine. 

I mowed, trimmed, and used my new chain saw, which starts as easily as an electric and cuts through wood like butter. The dogs ran and played, sometimes in groups of two or three, sometimes by themselves. Nothing special, just a beautiful day, though I guess that is pretty special. As I have said, it's a good time of year to be a dog around here.




Della leading Sly and Tilly on a chase. She knows they couldn't keep up with her
so she runs in circles so they have the chance of staying close anyway.


Sly wants to join in the big dog play, but he's smart enough to stay on the sidelines mostly.
He doesn't have sufficient mass to participate fully.

But it's a good learning experience for him because the two big girls never hurt each other.


Another shady garden spot.






Della riding herd on Max when I first let him out in the pasture with the puppy.

I found a stick for Max and then he doesn't think about much else.

I need to plan some outings or play dates for Sly.


No comments: