Thursday, April 6, 2023

Shepherds on leash

It's too early in the year for it to be hot and humid, but it was today. I didn't hike and none of the dogs were sorry about that. I did take most of them out to the pasture for some run time and I took the two foster shepherds out there on leash. 

I was very glad that I tried them out on leash in the pasture first, instead of up at the park on the trails, because Fargo slipped his collar. He hung around with all the others, but always out of my reach. I finally walked Dakota back to Daneland and into the puppy shed and when Fargo followed I closed the door and got a new, smaller, collar on him. 

There were other dogs running around loose in the pasture so it wasn't the ideal trust building leash walk, but it was better than nothing. They weren't really bad on the leash either, better than Norman in fact. 

Everyone had as much activity and exercise as they wanted in this heat. Tomorrow's high temperature is at midnight tonight, so cooler weather is on the way. 

Handsome Fargo, after he slipped out of his collar, out in the pasture.

Dakota, on leash, was trying to get out of his collar too.

Paisley enjoyed herself.

Fargo

Della checking out Dakota, while Fargo watches from a safe distance.


Norman had a great time. Sometimes Fargo followed him around.

Dakota (on leash), Paisley, Fargo, and Della

The pasture is the right sized space for Norman.





Here's Fargo wearing a smaller martingale collar.







No comments: