Sunday, April 2, 2023

Weekend wrapup

Weekends actually start on Friday, of course, and that was the day that Fargo went to the vet. He tested negative for heartworms just like his brothers. He got vaccinated and neutered. It was a big day. The good thing was that he walked to my van in the morning on a leash like an old pro. He walked into the vet's office, blissfully ignorant of what was awaiting him there. And he walked nicely on the leash when I picked him up as well and hopped into the crate in my van on his own. 


I had to help Fargo get all four feet on the scale but then he stood nicely.
He weighed in at 62 pounds, a couple pounds less than Sturgis.

Fargo, Dakota, and Sturgis

Bedded down for the night on Friday.

Saturday was supposed to be a bad weather day and it did rain some, but it wasn't as bad as predicted. I got out for a late morning hike with Della and Paisley. We got in three miles and didn't get too muddy.

Elvis and Paisley in the office.





This was a deer spotting.





Sunday was a busy dog day although the busy part didn't start until afternoon. I took Chico over to Green Dogs where he met his adopters! They loved him, of course, and took him home. They have a female shepherd and a female husky at home already so I'm sure they will teach Chico what he needs to know. 






I also took Norman along and Erika did a little more leash work with him. 


When I got back home I took Norman out to the pasture along with Della, Maya, Paisley, and Elvis. I got one of the mowers started and rode around the trails for a while as the dogs did their thing. Maya and Elvis stayed out for quite a while hunting together. I got Della back inside and put Norman and Paisley in the dog yard together for a while. 

This was Norman's first pasture run.


Della had a nice roll in the grass.


Maya, Paisley, Della in the background

Elvis with his head burrowed into the grass, and Paisley.




Daisy had been out in the dog yard much of the morning but was back in the house while the other dogs were running in the pasture. After they were back inside (except for Elvis), I took Daisy up to Pleasant Grove and we did the two mile route on the roadway through the park. Daisy walks very nicely on a leash and we both enjoyed the walk.





After I got back home with Daisy, I took Norman out for the same two mile walk. I used the Gentle Leader on him but also held a second leash attached to his "Best Friend" harness. We got along pretty well, except he bolted out of the van when we first got there. Fortunately he came running back to me before he went very far. His habit of bolting through open doors, whether going in or out, is one of his worst habits that we need to break. He walked nicely for the most part, only stopping once and doing his stubborn refusal to move and I have no idea why. 





No comments: